Friday, October 7, 2011

Map of the World with Animals

I first saw Zoo Animals and Where They Live on mymontesssorimoments.com. Then I started an internet search to see how other people were approaching this lesson. These two sites had great ideas: Felt Board World Map and Toddler World Map with Animals, but a little too much work for this mama.

So this is the way we are going to approach the lesson. First I printed this Map of the World, which is free and printable. You will need several copies: One copy for you to color in the continents using the montessori colors. Then I decided it was too much work and I went to Montessori Printshop and paid to print it.

I do not have all the animals like Zoo Animals and Where They Live. I am still trying to round up some of the animals that I know we do own.

Before I introduced the cards, I placed the animals into a bin on the shelf. Caroline enjoyed playing with the animals. She even drew this picture of her giraffe.

The next lesson will be to set up and match the cards and then match up the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment